This recipe was given to me by my friend, Tracy Wernsman. It is very yummy and I know holds a special place in her heart. Enjoy!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- Blend dry ingredients with milk and oil, beat eggs in thoroughly and add flavorings.
- Pour into 2 ungreased bread loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Test with toothpick.
- Meanwhile, melt butter, add juice, Sugar, vanilla and almond extract.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remain warm.
- When bread is done, drag a knife around edges of your pan, poke holes with a fork in random pattern.
- Drizzle glaze over and in cake.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Wrap in Saran Wrap.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
- Could also make muffins or smaller loaves.