Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe was given to me by my friend, Tracy Wernsman. It is very yummy and I know holds a special place in her heart. Enjoy!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- Blend dry ingredients with milk and oil, beat eggs in thoroughly and add flavorings.
- Pour into 2 ungreased bread loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Test with toothpick.
- Meanwhile, melt butter, add juice, Sugar, vanilla and almond extract.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remain warm.
- When bread is done, drag a knife around edges of your pan, poke holes with a fork in random pattern.
- Drizzle glaze over and in cake.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Wrap in Saran Wrap.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
- Could also make muffins or smaller loaves.