Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Having just recently started the Atkin's Diet I Needed a catsup with very low carbs. The tomato sauce I used has 4 carbs per ¼ cup serving... so just make sure you use one with the same or less on the label.
- Posted by Gingerkitten d to Recipezaar.Com
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Time to Make: 35 minutes | Prep: 5 minutes
- Makes: 2 cups approximately (25 servings)
- 2 (8 oz) cans reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Mix thoroughly and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer on low until the Catsup is desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- This should keep in the refrigerator for at least a week.
Nutritional information Edit
- 5 Calories | 0 Calories From Fat | 0g Total Fat | 0 Saturated Fat | 0 Polyunsat. Fat | 0 Monounsat. Fat | 0 Trans Fat | 0 Cholesterol | 6 mg Sodium | 17 mg Potassium | 1.1g Total Carbs | 0.2g Dietary Fiber | 0.4g Sugars | 0.2g Protein