Having just recently started the Atkin's Diet I Needed a catsup with very low carbs. The tomato sauce I used has 4 carbs per ¼ cup serving... so just make sure you use one with the same or less on the label.
- Posted by Gingerkitten d to Recipezaar.Com
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Time to Make: 35 minutes | Prep: 5 minutes
- Makes: 2 cups approximately (25 servings)
- 2 (8 oz) cans reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Mix thoroughly and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer on low until the Catsup is desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- This should keep in the refrigerator for at least a week.
Nutritional information Edit
- 5 Calories | 0 Calories From Fat | 0g Total Fat | 0 Saturated Fat | 0 Polyunsat. Fat | 0 Monounsat. Fat | 0 Trans Fat | 0 Cholesterol | 6 mg Sodium | 17 mg Potassium | 1.1g Total Carbs | 0.2g Dietary Fiber | 0.4g Sugars | 0.2g Protein