Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2½ lb beef, lean ground
- 28 oz tomatoes, canned, chunked
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cup onion, white, chopped
- 1 each green bell pepper, deseeded, chopped
- 1 each red bell pepper, deseeded, chopped
- 1 each yellow bell pepper, deseeded, chopped
- 5 each jalapeño pepper, deseeded, chopped
- 2 each green chile pepper, deseeded, chopped
- 2 tbsp Iguana brand pepper sauce
- 6 tsp Equal or Splenda
- 1 each bay leaf
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp marjoram, dried, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz mushrooms, canned (or fresh chopped)
- Slice all peppers long ways in quarters and remove all white pith and seeds, then chop in a food processor or chopper.
- Peel garlic, cut in pieces and place in chopper with last batch of peppers.
- Chop celery and onions.
- In 6 qt.
- Crockpot, combine all ingredients except ground beef.
- Turn on high and let heat.
- In skillet, brown ground beef, drain well and stir into crockpot.
- Skim off excess fat.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Skim off excess fat again, remove bay leaf and stir well before serving.