Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Japanese cabbage pickles.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- mustard cabbage
- ¼ cup Hawaiian salt (or kosher salt or rock salt)
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ajinomoto (msg)
- Slice mustard cabbage.
- Soak 20 minutes with Hawaiian salt (kosher salt or rock salt is a good sub) and some water.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, salt and ajinomoto.
- Heat mixture.
- Squeeze cabbage dry.
- While still hot, pour mixture over cabbage and soak.
- Soaking time depends on your taste.
- Store in the refrigerator.