Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by A.English [Al & Diane]
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cup water
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- ½ lbs white button mushrooms, sliced (about 2½ cups)
- 8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup oyster mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 12 snow peas, quartered
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place rice, water, soy sauce and scallions in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook over medium heat until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender, about 1 hour.
- Set aside.
- Place onion, celery and water in a large pan.
- Cook and stir for several minutes, until vegetables soften slightly.
- Add button, shittake and oyster mushrooms, cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Gently stir in cooked rice, enoki mushrooms, snow peas, red pepper and seasonings.
- Cook over low heat for another 15 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: 152 cals | 6 g protein | ⅛ g fat | 31 g carbo | 829 mg sodium | 3 g fiber