Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- ½ cup instant couscous
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Peel the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Broil them top-side up.
- Place the couscous, olive oil, cumin, cayenne pepper, and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Season, then stir the flavourings through the couscous.
- Fill each mushroom with some of the couscous mixture and pack down firmly.
- Broil until the couscous is golden.
- Serve hot or cold.