This is a nice canadian appetizer which can be used as a good started or as a sidedish. With basic cooking skills needed this makes a fast & delicious way to surprise your guests !
- 20 large button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 small leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 red apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ½ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop stems and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix soy sauce, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar.
- Add mushroom caps.
- Using hands or large spoon, coat each mushroom with mixture and place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil and sauté mushroom stems, leek, celery, apple, parsley, oregano, basil and salt and pepper, to taste, for 7 minutes.
- Add butter and bread crumbs.
- Stir to combine and melt butter.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add Parmesan and vegetable stock.
- Stuff each mushroom with a slightly rounded tablespoon of filling.
- Brush remaining balsamic vinegar over top of each mushroom.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.