Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a nice canadian appetizer which can be used as a good started or as a sidedish. With basic cooking skills needed this makes a fast & delicious way to surprise your guests !
- 20 large button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 small leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 red apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ½ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop stems and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix soy sauce, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar.
- Add mushroom caps.
- Using hands or large spoon, coat each mushroom with mixture and place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil and sauté mushroom stems, leek, celery, apple, parsley, oregano, basil and salt and pepper, to taste, for 7 minutes.
- Add butter and bread crumbs.
- Stir to combine and melt butter.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add Parmesan and vegetable stock.
- Stuff each mushroom with a slightly rounded tablespoon of filling.
- Brush remaining balsamic vinegar over top of each mushroom.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.