- Trim off any soil caked onto mushrooms.
- Trim and discard discolored stem ends and tough stems of shiitakes.
- Quickly immerse the mushrooms in water, swishing them around to release soil and insects, then lift from water and drain.
- Cut large mushrooms into about 1-inch pieces; leave the small mushrooms whole.
- Peel and coarsely chop the sunchokes.
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, combine oil, butter, mushrooms, sunchokes, shallots, and garlic.
- Stir often until mushroom juices evaporate and the vegetables are browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add rosemary, oregano, and sherry; stir until sherry evaporates, about 2 minutes.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.