Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 can chickpeas (washed and drained)
- 2 – 3 threads saffron
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, water, salt and margarine and bring to a boil.
- Stir once, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, sauté onions in a little olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and continue to sauté mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When onions and mushrooms are cooked, add the spinach and chickpeas and continue to sauté until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir the mushroom and spinach mixture into the cooked rice.
- Add the saffron and mix well.
- This can be served as a side dish, or a main meal with salad.