Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mushroom and Almond Pate from the Public Health Cookbook -- original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 24
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 2–3 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until softened and most liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 10–15 minutes.
- Add almonds to a food processor and pulse to coarsely chop. Pour in the mushroom mixture then blend until smooth.
- While motor is still running, add the yogurt, thyme and cilantro then add salt and pepper, to taste. You may need to stop occasionally to scrape the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula to ensure the entire mixture is incorporated.
- Spoon the pâté into a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2–3 hours before serving as a spread with your favorite crackers or bread.