Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Menu and Recipes Week 12/2/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 strips bacon diced
- 4 (4 oz) cans mushrooms drained
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 potatoes peeled and cubed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tbsp parsley
- Sauté onion and bacon in 6 qt. Dutch oven until golden, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook until liquid evaporates, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add flour; stirring about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and bouillon cube.
- Add potatoes.
- Cook approximately 20 – 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer 2 cups of the soup mixture to a blender.
- Blend until pureed.
- Return to dutch oven.
- Stir in the heavy cream and parsley.
- Simmer an additional 5 minutes.