Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Best of Bridge
- Serves 6
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp shallots or green onions, minced
- ½ bay leaf
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Finely chop mushrooms, then combine with lemon juice.
- Melt butter in large skillet and add shallots and saute.
- Add mushrooms, bay leaf, thyme and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid completely evaporates.
- Blend in cream, chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water, add to soup and simmer 20 minutes.
- Ladle into heated bowls and sprinkle with parsley.