Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Portobello lovers will appreciate this elegant salad. Roasting walnuts brings out their flavor.
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut or olive oil, divided
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons walnut or extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra
- 1 bunch watercress, stems discarded, washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, roasted and chopped
- Heat broiler.
- Combine shallot, salt and vinegar in a bowl.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons walnut oil into mixture.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Brush mushrooms with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil 4 minutes per side 4" from heat source.
- Cut mushrooms into wide strips.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette.
- Arrange watercress and walnuts on salad plates and spoon remaining vinaigrette evenly over each.
- Arrange mushrooms on top.