Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Recipe reprinted with permission from HealthRecipes.com
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2½ cups water
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp low-fat chicken base
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Add the water to a large pot and bring to boil.
- In the meantime, stir fry the chopped onions in a pan until the onions become translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and stir fry for two more minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to the boiling water.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until water has been absorbed into rice.
- Average cooking time is 60 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and fluff with fork.