- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- In food processor, combine all mushrooms and process until coarsely chopped. (You should have about 5 cups)
- Add mushrooms, chili powder, cumin and oregano to saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms have released their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, vinegar and 1 cup water to mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until mixture has reached desired thickness, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and adjust salt to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro.