Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 6 servings
- vegetable oil spray
- 1½ pounds sole fillets
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons acceptable margarine
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon acceptable margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion, ¼ cup parsley and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons margarine, stirring constantly until onions are soft.
- Place half the fillets in bottom of prepared baking dish and sprinkle lightly with pepper.
- Spread sauteed mixture evenly over fish.
- Top with remaining fillets and season with more pepper.
- Pour wine over all and dot with remaining 1 tablespoon margarine.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain, reserving liquid.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and milk.
- Add reserved pan liquid and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour sauce over fish and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with paprika and 2 tablespoons parsley before serving.
- Basil and tarragon here, but you can use any herbs you like.
- Parsley and marjoram come to mind as good alternatives.