Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Using convenient no-boil lasagna noodles eliminates the chore of boiling and draining the noodles before assembly. If you are using noodles that require precooking, it's a good idea to rinse cooked noodles with cold water frequently to keep them separate before assembling the casserole. Low-fat silken tofu is best suited to dishes such as lasagna because of the tofu's creamy texture and neutral flavor. Make this delicious lasagna in advance, and reheat before serving.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Vegetarian Times, December 1, 2003, p.30
- Serves: 16
Mushroom-artichoke mixture Edit
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup sliced scallions
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 6 oz portobello mushrooms, diced
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 13¾-oz can (1¾ cups) quartered artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup merlot or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tbsp dried basil
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
Tofu ricotta mixture Edit
- 3 x 12.3-oz pkg. lite silken tofu, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 4 tbsp mellow white miso
- ½ cup dry vermouth or vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup soy parmesan cheese
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1½ x 25-oz jars (3 cups) roasted red pepper tomato sauce
- 1 x 9-oz pkg no-boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To make mushroom-artichoke mixture: heat oil and crushed red pepper in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat about 1 minute.
- Add garlic, scallions and bell peppers, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and artichokes, and cook mixture 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, and add tomato paste and merlot, stirring to blend.
- Add yeast, parsley, basil and oregano.
- Mix thoroughly, cook 10 minutes and set aside.
- To make tofu ricotta mixture: mash tofu with potato masher.
- Add garlic and scallions.
- Combine miso and vermouth in small bowl, blending with fork.
- Add mixture to tofu.
- Add soy Parmesan cheese, yeast, thyme and black pepper, mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Spread layer of tomato sauce evenly on bottom of 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Top with layer of uncooked noodles.
- Add broken noodles around edges for even fit.
- Spoon tofu ricotta mixture evenly over noodles.
- Top with another layer of noodles, and cover noodles with tomato sauce.
- Layer with mushroom-artichoke mixture, cover with layer of noodles and top with remaining tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle generously with soy Parmesan cheese.
- Cover lasagna with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, and set aside for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- 175 Calories | 11g Protein | 3g Total fat | 304mg Sodium | 24g Carbs | 4g Fiber | 5g Sugars