Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cook onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender in 3-quart saucepan. Add rice and continue cooking until golden.
- Add beef broth and pepper. Stir well. Heat to boiling. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sauté almonds and mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- When rice is tender, add almonds and mushrooms; toss lightly