This is as tangy as it can get when it comes to cooking! This bold rice dish is made and packed with beef broth, real almonds and mushrooms and has the greatest hint of black pepper while cooked to steamy perfection.
- 1 cup chopped onion, red, white, or yellow only
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup uncooked rice, white only
- 2 cups beef broth, hot or lukewarm only
- 3 ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cook onions in 2 tablespoons butter until tender in a 3-quart saucepan or a wok. Add rice and continue cooking until golden.
- Add beef broth and pepper. Stir well. Heat to boiling.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sauté almonds and mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- When rice is tender, add almonds and mushrooms; toss lightly. Serve warm and plain but pair this rice dish with other main dishes.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 4-5 spoons per plate