Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dessert Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Public Health, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 pounds muscadine grapes
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- Remove skins from muscadines; reserve skins.
- Cook pulp and 1 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5–10 minutes or until seeds loosen. Press mixture through a wire-mesh strainer, discarding seeds.
- Return pulp mixture to saucepan; stir in reserved skins, lemon rind, and apple pie spice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occassionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Melt butter in an 11x7-inch baking dish in a 350 °F oven.
- Stir together flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, and milk; pour over melted butter. Pour muscadine mixture over batter.
- Bake at 350 °F for 35 minutes or until golden. Serve with ice cream, if desired.