Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ghee or cooking oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 350g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 50g minced Beef
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 onions, diced
- 20 cardamom seeds
- 2 tbsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tbs aniseed
- oil for frying
- Onion relish: Mix all of the following ingredients and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 2 red onions, sliced into rings
- salt to taste
- To make dough: Mix flour, salt, pepper and baking powder with enough water to form a smooth dough. Knead until smooth. Cover in a bowl and leave overnight. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out thinly on an oiled counter top. Spread liberally with ghee or oil. Fold and shape into balls. Cover dough with a damp cloth. Set aside for half and hour.
- Meanwhile make the filling. Fry onions in hot oil, add minced Beef and turmeric powder. Allow Beef to cook. Then add cardomom seeds, aniseeds and coriander seeds. Cook for 3 minutes, season to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Roll out dough into a thin rectangle. Place filling evenly in the centre of the dough. Brush beaten egg over meat. Wrap dough over meat to form a square. Heat ghee in skillet and fry until brown on both sides. Serve hot with Onion relish.