Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large Onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed with 1 tsp. ground coriander and 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 lbs. peeled Shrimp (medium size)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. tomatoes, halved and cut into thick slices
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 cups water, approx.
- 1 cup grits, soaked in water
- 4 ½ cup basmati rice (or other short-grained rice)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground tumeric
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- Grated peel of one lime*
- 1 clove garlic, mashed with 1 tsp. ground coriander and 1/2 tps. black pepper
- 1 lb. peeled Shrimp (medium size)
Add water and salt. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Add rice, stirring to mix evenly. Reduce heat and simmer until all the water is absorbed. Remove from heat. To prepare the topping, sauté the Onion in oil until golden. Add the spices, chopped coriander, grated lime peel, and garlic/spice mixture, stirring to mix well. Add Shrimp, and sauté until cooked through (about three minutes).