Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Bring the milk almost to boiling point.
- Combine the eggs and sour milk and add to the hot milk, stirring gently.
- Continue to cook the milk over low heat, stirring until it curdles.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and let the whey separate in a warm place for half an hour.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the curds to a sieve lined with muslin.
- Lightly press the whey out.
- Add the salt, stirring in well.
- Place a light weight on the cheese and leave it to stand in a cold place overnight.
- Next day, turn the cheese onto an ovenproof dish.
- Brush the cheese with egg and bake at 250°C until nicely brown.