Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- an empty and clean 5 gallon drum
- smooth stones to cover the bottom of the drum
- large banana or other leaves
- 1 or 2 chickens
- piece of pork
- starchy vegetables (potato, cassava, sweet potato, etc)
- 2 or more coconuts for cream
- Wash and peel the vegetables and coarsely chop or break into serving size pieces.
- Wash and clean greens. Coarsely chop if they are very large.
- Chop the Chicken and Pork into large pieces.
- Grate coconut.
- Clean drum.
- If it has never been used for cooking before burn any possible residue.
- Cover the bottom of the drum with rocks.
- Place the banana leaves on top of the rocks.
- Add root vegetables placing the longest cooking at the bottom.
- Add Pork pieces and then Chicken pieces.
- Place greens on top of the meat or vegetables.
- Squeeze coconut cream over the food.
- The more coconut cream you use the richer your food will be.
- Cover all the food in the drum with banana leaves tucking the ends between the food and the side of the drum.
- Place the drum on a grated over an open fire and cook for two or three hours.
- Take the food out of the drum and serve on clean banana leaves. Separate the meat from the vegetables.
- Eat with your hands.