Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Fish and radish masala. This is a Bengali fish recipe that is dry and tangy. Its my mom's favourite as it is simple to prepare and delicious too.
- 4 medium pieces fish (tilapia preferred)
- 3 radishes (or turnip)
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 6 spring onions
- red chile powder
- turmeric powder
- coriander seed powder (dhania)
- cumin powder (jeera)
- coriander leaves
- Marinate the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder for fifteen minutes and then lightly fry them in oil.
- Remove and keep.
- To the oil, add diced onions and stir till golden.
- Then add sliced radish.
- Add some more salt, turmeric and chilly powder and stir for ten minutes.
- Add the fish, finely chopped tomatoes, julienned spring onion shoots, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Add a half-a-cup of water and simmer with lid on till the water had dried up.
- Tear the coriander leaves by hand and sprinkle over them.
- Bring down from flame and garnish with a spring of spring onion and a few radish slices on the top.
- Can be used either as a starter or a main dish.