Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ground rice pudding
- 1 liter milk, low fat should be fine
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 70 g almonds, ground
- almonds, blanched and chopped, to garnish or
- pistachio nuts, chopped, to garnish
- nutmeg, grated, to sprinkle on top
- Using a little of the milk, mix the ground rice and cornflour to a smooth paste.
- Over a medium-low heat, slowly heat the Sugar in the rest of the milk.
- Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, and being careful not to burn the bottom of the pan, add the paste to the milk, and simmer the mixture until it is just off boiling.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens (which it should do in 10 – 15 minutes).
- Add the rose water and ground almonds and continue to stir over a low heat; simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove the pan from the stove and allow the mixture to cool slightly before pouring it into a glass bowl or individual glass dishes.
- Garnish with the nuts ( almonds or pistachios) and nutmeg, then chill for 3 – 4 hours before serving.