Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Mughlai, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 chicken cleaned and cut
- 1 kg minced mutton
- 2 cups clarified butter (ghee)
- 4 big sized onion (pyaj) minced
- ¼ kg curd (dahi)
- ½ kg rice
- ½ tsp saffron (kesar)
- few sliced and fried almond (badam)
- 4 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1" long piece cinnamon (tuj/dalchini)
- 10 cloves (lavang)
- 10 cardamoms
- 18 peppercorns (kalimirchi)
- 3 pods garlic (lasun)
- 1" long piece ginger (adrak)
- 1 tsp red chili powder (lal mirchi)
- 2 tsp coriander seeds powder (dhania powder)
- 1 tsp cumin seed powder (jeera)
- ¼ tsp turmeric (haldi)
- First grind garlic, ginger, chiili powder, coriander, turmeric and cumin powder to a fine paste.
- Now heat 4 tblsp of ghee and fry 2 onions till brown.
- Add half the whole spices and then add chicken and mince meat and let it brown.
- Add ground spices and fry for a few minutes along with chicken and mince.
- Add 2 cups of hot water, cover and cook till chicken is tender.
- Beat the curd with saffron and add to chicken.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Now heat the remaining ghee and fry bay leaves and remaining whole spices.
- Add onions and brown them well.
- Add rice and fry till brown.
- Add enough water to cook rice and also 1 tsp of salt.
- Spread a layer of rice on a flat serving dish and then another layer of meat.
- Repeat with one more layer of each.
- Garnish with almonds.