Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stewed green tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of green tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- ¼ cup of coarsely chopped celery leaves
- ¼ cup of coarsely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup of water
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, onion, carrots, parsley, celery leaves and the water.
- Cover skillet and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- In a mortar with a pestle, pound the garlic with salt until a paste is formed.
- When the vegetables are tender, remove from heat and stir in the garlic paste and pepper to taste.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.