Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 32 oz eggplants, peeled and thickly cut lengthwise
- 32 oz tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of dried chickpeas, cooked or canned, washed and drained
- 1 cup of quartered and sliced onion
- 2 tbsp ground dried mint
- 10 cloves garlic, fried in oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed with a dash of salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil (or to cover eggplants)
- 1 tsp salt (as desired)
- dash of sugar
- 1 fresh red or green chile
- Sprinkle salt over eggplant slices.
- Fry eggplants till golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Fry onion rings until soft.
- Stir in garlic until golden.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, chile, salt and sugar.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add fried eggplants.
- Cover pot, cook on moderate heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix dry mint with crushed garlic.
- Add mint mixture to pot.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove chile and serve cold with main dishes.