Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from the kitchen of Bess Truman and is one of President Truman's favorite recipes. Mrs. Truman had a well-equipped kitchen and often prepared breakfast or lunch for her family. The Trumans also employed several African American women who cooked for the family.
- Mrs. Truman's Recipes from the Harry S. Truman National Historic Site, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1½ cup water
- 1 x 16 oz canned tomato
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook spaghetti in salt water then blanche and strain well.
- Put aside.
- Mix sauce ingredients together in pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Brown hamburger, onion and garlic before mixing together; cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir often to keep from burning.