Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is one of Bess Truman's favorite dishes. Bess Truman had a well-equipped kitchen and often prepared breakfast or lunch for her family. The Trumans also employed several African American women who cooked for the family.
- Mrs. Truman's Recipes from the Harry S. Truman Museum, public domain goverment resource—original source of recipe.
- Melt oleo in pan.
- Slice carrots.
- Put carrots in oleo and cook until almost tender.
- Add brown sugar.
- Cook until tender and golden brown.
- For candy sweet potatoes, cook sweet potatoes the same way as carrots you may want to use a little more oleo.
- Butter or another brand of margarine can be used in place of the oleo.