Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: n. a.
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: n. a.
Not quite a cheesecake and not quite a true torte, this is a very old recipe from my grandmother. This is a wonderfully creamy dessert, best served with a nice cup of coffee.
- 2 lbs. small curd cottage cheese
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the cottage cheese. Beat the eggs well and add to the cheese along with the milk. Add the vanilla and blend well.
- To make the topping, crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Mix with the sugar and melted butter.
- Line the sides of a 13 x 9" pan with the crumbs, reserving some for the top. Pour the cheese mix and smooth it out thoroughly. Top with the reserved crumbs, then bake for an hour at 350 °F.
- Leave it to cool in the pan, then refrigerate. Serve cold along with a cup of coffee.