Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Mr. Food
- 8 oz penne pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 small unpeeled eggplant, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 unpeeled ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain, set aside.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Stir in the oregano, then add the eggplant and tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parsley, garlic powder, sugar, salt and peppers.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour the eggplant mixture over the cooked pasta and toss with the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at once.
- Note: you can make the sauce a few days before using it.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Just heat and serve over cooked pasta.
- Make a double batch, 'cause it's even better the next day.