Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a very popular way to prepare rice . It is served with poultry, meat and seafood.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup peanut oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced hot red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white rice
- Place the chopped onion and the minced garlic in a skillet with the peanut oil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, hot red pepper, and the bay leaf.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are almost puréed.
- D pepper.
- Stir in the 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice; stir; cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Stir and serve as a side dish for meats or poultry.