Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Steamed bean pudding
- 8 oz beans
- 4 - 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 small tomato
- 2 large peppers
- 1 small onion
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ pt boiling water, approx.
- Dried shrimp, ground up (optional), or corned beef
- Soak the beans for 3 hours, overnight if possible.
- Grind the beans to a paste or pulverise in a food processor.
- Chop or mince the tomato, peppers and Onion.
- To the beans, add minced ingredients and salt to taste and beat well.
- Heat the oil, add to the mixture and beat.
- Add enough boiling water to make a soft dropping consistency. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Ground dried shrimp or corned beef can be added for flavour and food value.
- Prepare small pudding moulds by greasing with melted fat.
- Into each mould, place enough mixture to come half way up the mould, then place a hard-boiled egg and cover with more mixture. Leave room for the mixture to rise.
- Cover with grease proof paper and steam for approximately 1 hour.
- Turn out and serve, garnished with parsley or shredded lettuce.