Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Steamed savoury bean cake
- 500 g / 1 lb beans
- 3 fresh chillies (liquidised)
- 1 large onion (liquidised)
- 200 ml / 7 fl. oz oil
- 225 g / 8 oz fresh prawns
- 2 soft boiled egg
- warm water to mix
- leaves for wrapping
- salt to taste
- Soak the beans for 5 minutes, wash thoroughly to remove skin.
- Grind or liquidize until smooth.
- If you haven't got a steamer, arrange a false base with leaves or tin foil and bring to boil.
- Mix the ground beans with other ingredients, add the warm water a little at a time until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Place mixture on clean leaves and wrap into parcels, arrange parcels carefully in the pot of boiling water, cover with a tight fitting lid avoid steam escaping, and steam for 1 hour or until moyin-moyin is cooked.
- Refill pot with boiling water if dry during cooking process.
- The parcels of beans should be firm to the touch after exposure to the air for a few minutes.
- Unwrap the leaves and serve with cold eko.
- The mixture can also be steam dariole moulds or foil container.