Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Mr. Food. Soft on the inside... crunchy on the outside.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 1 dozen
- 3 cans (4½ oz each) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs, divided
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crabmeat, 1¼ cups bread crumbs, the butter, 2 eggs, the celery, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into 12 crab cakes, using about ¼ cup of mixture for each.
- In shallow dish, beat the remaining egg with a fork.
- Place the remaining ¾ cup of bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip the crab cakes in the egg, then in the bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Cook the crab cakes in batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Drain on paper towel-lined platter.
- Serve immediately.