- 1 large aubergine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, for garnishing
- juice of half a lemon, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas mark 4 for five minutes. Place whole aubergine on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes until outer shell is crisp and inside is soft. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Split open the aubergine by cutting in the centre, and scoop out the flesh into a medium sized bowl. Discard the skin.
- Next add the garlic, salt, lemon juice, yoghurt, tahini and mash by hand until a smooth puree is achieved, or place in a blender and pulse for 5 seconds.