Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mung bean and rice soup
- 300 g mutton or beef
- 100 g or 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ cup rice
- 1 cup mung beans
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 2 – 3 tomatoes
- ½ bunch (½ oz) fresh coriander
- green onion
- cumin, salt and spices to taste
- In a cauldron, put meat cut into small pieces and sear in hot vegetable oil.
- Add chopped onions and tomatoes, cubed carrots.
- Saute a few minutes, add water and spices.
- Before the water boils, add cleaned and washed mung beans.
- When mung beans are soft, add rice and cook another 20 – 25 minutes.
- In the final 5 – 10 minutes add salt and spices.
- To serve, top with yogurt or sour cream, garnish with chopped greens and freshly ground black pepper.