Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spiced hot milk with corn
- ½ lb dried cracked corn
- 8¾ cups milk
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 3 ounces raisins
- 1 orange rind, grated
- 2 fresh lemon rind, grated
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 cloves
- 10-15 Whole Allspice
- Carefully wash the morocho and soak overnight in at least twice as much water as there is corn.
- Drain the morocho and cook in a little water in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan place milk, citrus rinds, cinnamon, allspice and cloves and bring to a boil.
- By this time the milk should be perfumed by the spices.
- Add morocho and cook at low heat for an hour.
- Finally, mix in sugar and vanilla.
- Serve hot.