Spiced hot milk with corn
- ½ lb dried cracked corn
- 8¾ cups milk
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 3 ounces raisins
- 1 orange rind, grated
- 2 fresh lemon rind, grated
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 cloves
- 10-15 Whole Allspice
- Carefully wash the morocho and soak overnight in at least twice as much water as there is corn.
- Drain the morocho and cook in a little water in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan place milk, citrus rinds, cinnamon, allspice and cloves and bring to a boil.
- By this time the milk should be perfumed by the spices.
- Add morocho and cook at low heat for an hour.
- Finally, mix in sugar and vanilla.
- Serve hot.