Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This stew is authentically Moroccan and provides a nutritious, filling meal!
- This recipe serves 4.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium butternut squash, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 400 g garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 400 g stewed tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted prunes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a pan and, when hot, add the carrots, squash, and onion for 10 minutes.
- Add the garbanzo beans, stewed tomatoes, prunes, cinnamon, salt, crushed red pepper, and 1½ cups water and boil. After a few minutes, reduce to a low heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Cook the couscous in the vegetable broth, covering and leaving for 10 minutes. The bowl must be covered in clingfilm else it won't work.
- Finally, add the cilantro to the vegetables, stir for a few minutes and serve.