- In medium bowl, combine couscous, 1½ cups hot (not boiling) water, currants and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Let stand until couscous is tender and water is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
- In medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- Add couscous, tomato, scallions and mint; toss gently to mix.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire or preheat gas grill on high.
- Heat 2 inches of water to boiling in large, wide saucepan over high heat.
- Place tempeh in steamer basket in saucepan, cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix paprika, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, salt, pepper, honey, lemon juice and oil.
- Transfer tempeh to shallow dish or plate.
- Coat both sides evenly with spice mixture.
- Lightly oil grill.
- Place tempeh on grill and cook until nicely browned and crusty, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Divide couscous salad among serving plates, mounding mixture slightly.
- Cut grilled tempeh into thin slices and fan over couscous salad.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and serve right away.