Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a great soup for vegetarians. Moroccan Lentil soup is healthy, nutritious and so easy to make. This recipe serves about 6.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup red lentils
- 400 g garbanzo beans
- 400 g cannellini beans
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1½ teaspoons ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Put the onions, garlic, and ginger in a large pot with a little olive oil and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, lentils, chickpeas, white kidney beans, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, garam masala, cardamom, cayenne pepper and cumin to the mixture and put it on a high heat.
- Bring the mixture to the boil for about ten minutes then simmer for one hour or longer. It should be taken off the heat when the lentils are soft.
- Put half of the soup in a blender until smooth and then stir it back into the other half in the pot.