Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Moroccan eggs are great for vegetarians. The recipe is easy to prepare, nutritious and tasty as well! This is best served with bread.
- 600 g ripe tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and roughly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 level teaspoon cumin seeds, roughly ground
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley or coriander
- sea salt and black pepper
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water and peel off the skins carefully. Cut them into quarters and de-seed them.
- Heat the garlic, spring onion and cumin in a frying pan with hot oil. Stir for a few minutes until they start to brown.
- Add the tomatoes, cayenne, salt, pepper and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes, less if the tomatoes start to fall apart.
- Crack an egg in each quarter of the pan, spreading the whites carefully with a fork so they cover the surface of the tomato mixture.
- Simmer for a further 2 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked how you like them.