Moroccan couscous or couscous with seven kind of vegetables.
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 turnips, peeled
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 x 12 oz or 15 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp turmeric
- pinch of saffron
- pinch of curry powder
- 2 cups couscous
- Cut all vegetables in chunks.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion until lightly browned. Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a large pot and add carrots, turnips, and potato.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Lower heat and add zucchini and pepper. Cook 20 minutes.
- Add beans, tomato sauce and spices.
- Cook until heated through.
In a separate pot Edit
- Bring 2½ cups of water to a boil.
- Add couscous, cover and take off of heat.
- Let stand 5 – 7 minutes,.
- Fluff with a fork and serve with vegetables on top.