Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Moroccan couscous or couscous with seven kind of vegetables.
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 turnips, peeled
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 x 12 oz or 15 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp turmeric
- pinch of saffron
- pinch of curry powder
- 2 cups couscous
- Cut all vegetables in chunks.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion until lightly browned. Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a large pot and add carrots, turnips, and potato.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Lower heat and add zucchini and pepper. Cook 20 minutes.
- Add beans, tomato sauce and spices.
- Cook until heated through.
In a separate pot Edit
- Bring 2½ cups of water to a boil.
- Add couscous, cover and take off of heat.
- Let stand 5 – 7 minutes,.
- Fluff with a fork and serve with vegetables on top.