Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cigars are a great appetizer before any meal. Served with dip, they make a nice change from more conventional hors d'œuvre.
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 15oz lean ground Beef
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 eggs
- 1 lb filo pastry
- 6oz butter, melted
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 300F.
- Prepare the filling for the cigars first. Cook the Onion in a pan with the hot olive oil for 10 minutes, and then add the Beef, simultaneously crushing it with a fork.
- Add all of the seasonings and spices to the Beef and cook for a further 10–15 minutes. Keep stirring the mixture so it doesn't burn.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl, making sure they are well mixed before pouring over the meat and cooking for a further 2 minutes. The egg mixture should start to go creamy.
- Take the mixture off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Now, cut the filo pastry into rectangles and place them in a pile with a damp cloth on top. Leave it for a few minutes.
- Brush the rectangle on top with melted butter and put a small amount of the filling on one of the edges. Then roll it into a cigar, tucking the edges in as you go. Repeat this for all of them.
- Warm the last of the oil and fry each cigar, ensuring they are brown on all sides. Drain them and place in warm oven until it is time to serve them!