Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This authentic Moroccan, very healthy soup has all the flavours of its North African heritage. This recipe will serve 4.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 – 2 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste (harissa is best)
- 600 ml hot vegetable stock
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 200 g broad beans, shelled
- ½ lemon, juice and rind
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and, when hot, fry the onion and celery for about 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir the cumin into the pan for about 30 seconds before turning up the heat and adding the stock, tomatoes, chickpeas and hot sauce.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 7 or 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, add the broad beans and lemon juice and cook for a further 3 minutes, until the beans are tender.
- Serve whilst hot!.