Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This flavorful chicken entree proves that weight loss is no longer a matter of deprivation. On the South Beach diet, you can lose weight, improve your health, and eat scrumptious and satisfying foods! Don't be scared off by the number of ingredients in this dish; it all comes together quickly for a hearty yet slightly exotic meal. Remember to save some of the liquid drained from the beans for your sauce.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The South Beach Diet Phase 1
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 2 (6-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium (about 8 oz) eggplant, unpeeled, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo beans and ¼ cup liquid drained from can
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Combine a teaspoon of the oil with the vinegar, cumin,coriander, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a glass dish.
- Add chicken breasts; turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap;refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, 4 minutes per side,or until cooked through.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook eggplant and onion 8 minutes, until soft and slightly browned, stirring often.
- Stir in garbanzo beans with liquid,tomatoes, and lemon juice.
- Cook 3 minutes, smashing the tomatoes with a wooden spoon and stirring to blend flavors and warm through.
- Transfer to platter with chicken; garnish with parsley.
Nutritional information Edit
- 450 Calories | 40g Protein | 42g Carbs | 7g Fiber | 15g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 74 mg Cholesterol | 642 mg Sodium