Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This makes six 3-oz servings.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces or 4 split chicken breasts
- 8 dried figs, snipped
- 1 x 8-oz can tomato sauce
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine or apple juice
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted or 2 tbsp almonds, slivered
- Skin chicken.
- Place in a pot or hearty skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients, except sesame seeds or almonds.
- Cover and cook in a slow cooker about 6 hours or cook in oven on low heat about 2 hours.
- For faster cooking, bring to a boil on top of range, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20–35 minutes depending on thickness of chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds or almonds on top before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- Food exchanges: 3 lean meats, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable.
- Calories per serving: 241, protein 22 g, carbohydrate 22 g, fat 7 g, sodium 270 mg, potassium 553 mg, cholesterol 55 mg.