Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This cold soup is an authentic Moroccan dish, usually served as an appetizer.
- This recipe serves 6
- 1 l chicken stock
- 3 oz onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground caraway seed
- 1 level teaspoon cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- Put all of the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat immediately and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take the soup off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Reserving the liquid and put what is left in a blender for about 3 minutes, or until it is smooth.
- Put the smooth mixture into the liquid and stir well until it becomes even.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.