This cold soup is an authentic Moroccan dish, usually served as an appetizer.
- This recipe serves 6
- 1 l chicken stock
- 3 oz onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground caraway seed
- 1 level teaspoon cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- Put all of the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat immediately and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take the soup off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Reserving the liquid and put what is left in a blender for about 3 minutes, or until it is smooth.
- Put the smooth mixture into the liquid and stir well until it becomes even.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.