Another great salad from North Africa! Extremely healthy and easy to prepare, this has to one of the best.
- 2 lb raw beetroot
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 black olives; to garnish
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa
- freshly ground pepper
Slice or dice the tomatoes and put them in a bowl with the rest of the dressing and mix gently. Serve this to one side of the beetroot and sprinkle the salad with chopped cilantro and parsley, add the black olives and serve.
This recipe serves 4.